Saturday, April 30, 2016

Raspberry & Sugarplum Stars


This is my finish (well, finished top - still needs to be quilted) for Huckleberry Stitches April QAL.  The pattern is Sugarplum Stars from the book 101 Fabulous Small Quilts.   Such a pretty design!
The pattern called for tans and purples.  I went with purple star points - it's a really pretty batik purple in person :) but for the rest of the quilt I used pinks.  The light background is white with tiny light pink squares.

I didn't follow the pattern exactly.  It called for a folded little bit of trim between the border and the center.  I've done those before and really like them but it just didn't look right with this little beauty.  The designer's quilt looks great with it, so it may have been the fabrics I chose.  Several fabrics were auditioned for the part, but none made me happy.  I like it this way!

Check out the "parade of quilts" on the Huckleberry Stitches page, and join us next month!

1 comment:

Huckleberry stitches said...

Kathleen you did such a lovely job with your quilt!! I really like the colors you chose and am excited you found us!! Can't wait to see what you do with next months selection....thank you for playing along!!